Notice: I
was experiencing spotty wifi while traveling, so I haven't able to keep
you all updated! Sorry guys! Anyways, here is the adventure, as written
while in the moment. :)
Day 8 (Last day!): Old Key Lime House and Beach Walks
Thursday
began with a late start, coffee, and oatmeal. Mom and I headed to the gym for a
much-needed workout (we got to use my grandparents' car…yes, what a relief!) and then high-tailed it to
Starbucks, where we shared an Americano with steamed soymilk and one pump of
white mocha. (Yummm!) After I updated the blog and got extremely frustrated at
my sluggish phone, we decided to go somewhere for lunch. I was hoping to get
another acai bowl, but my mom had other plans and suggested the Old Key Lime
House. This restaurant is as old as the hills and serves wonderful seafood and
key lime pie. It’s also located right on the docks of the intra-coastal, so it
was a fun to eat outside and look at the water. Mom and I were surprised to see
scraps being fed to catfish right over the rails. There was a whole cloud of
them, all squirming around, trying to snag a piece of food. It was sure a sight
to see! We ended up ordering some blackened mahi-mahi fish tacos and a slice of
key lime pie, both dishes of which we shared. The food was wonderful, but if you decide on ordering the dessert, prepare to be full!
Once
back at the condo, Mom and I got dressed for walking the beach. I had decided
not to swim because of the itchy sensation I had been getting all over my
chest, which I suspected had something to do with all the swimming I’d been
doing. We walked along the beach for about an hour, the whole time of which I
was snapping photos. We also took some photos under the pier, and supposedly Mom
heard some lifeguards whistling at us. Dude, chill out! There weren't any rules against taking photos there that I knew of. If you ask me, the Florida lifeguards could lighten up a little. Good vibes go a long ways! The weather and
water was gorgeous the whole time, and it was a fulfilling way to say good-bye to
the ocean. Unfortunately, the itching started up again along my chest, back,
and arms once we left the beach, and it got so bad to the point where I was
squirming in pain. I noticed that a blotchy rash was covering my chest, and the
pain from the itching lasted all the way through the night even after using
Benadryl and Cortizone as needed. (After doing some research, I’ve come to
believe that either sea lice bites or bacteria from seaweed may have been responsible for this
insufferable itching. In order to avoid this, take a
shower as soon as possible after swimming, and rinse off right away after stepping outside of the ocean! The
sensation was a horrible thing to deal with, and it did last for a total of about five days before finally disappearing.) I headed to bed shortly after dinner and tried to get
some sleep despite the itching. Again, it was a successful day besides for the itching at the end of it! I then prepared myself mentally for our departure the following day.











No comments:
Post a Comment