Notice: I
was experiencing spotty wifi while traveling, so I haven't able to keep
you all updated! Sorry guys! Anyways, here is the adventure, as written
while in the moment. :)
Day 7: Acai Bowls, Thrift Shopping, and Ocean Waves
Wednesday
began with breakfast at a super cute, super local, and super positive café
called Good Vibes Lantana. I had researched where I could find a good acai bowl
nearby (my love for these things is insatiable), and this place came up. Man,
am I glad it did! The bowls were beautiful, exotic, delicious, and healthy.
Also, one of their slogans is “Pets welcome, all husbands must be leashed”. Duly noted! :’) Following our amazing
breakfast, we went to a nearby shell shop that my mom had been telling me
about. There were seashells, sand dollars, sea stars, signs, jewelry, and every
form of shell art imaginable. This place was really nice because of their cheap
prices (score!) and variety. I ended up choosing out a bracelet I had seen
around for about $12 but costed only $4 here. I figured it was a pretty good
find! Mom bought a beautiful seashell chandelier/hanging to bring home, and we
departed shortly thereafter. On to the next adventure!
Our next stop was a huge thrift
store called World Thrift.
(The name is rather fitting.) This place is
wonderful for all of you who are used to thrift shopping or who enjoy
it, but
if you are frightened by a large number of people and lots of digging, I
would
suggest you stay away. Personally, I think the hunt is half the fun, so I
had a good time here! The only thing I wasn’t sold on was how busy the place
was. Some people there weren’t shy of being rude to search exactly where they wanted
(a.k.a. slyly parking their cart right behind you so you’re trapped and have to
move away), but most of the time the crowd was manageable. I suspect the reason
the place was so crowded is that it was senior 50% off day. Everyone must have
grabbed their grannies and bee-lined for the thrift store! Haha, I guess we
kind of did the same anyhow. (Thanks for getting us the discount, Mummi!) I was
very pleased with my finds here. I got a pair of Hurley shorts, a pair of Hello
jean shorts, an XXI Contemporary top, a J. Crew top, a Take Away shirt/dress,
two books, and an Ocean Tec wetsuit! (YESSS I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT
WETSUIT FOR OVER A YEAR!!!) ALL FOR $20!!! Wow, just wow. Note: This would have
been $40 if Mummi wasn’t there, but it’s still a steal! As we headed out the
door, we noticed a man whacking open coconuts and selling them. Curious, we
asked what the price was, and lo-and-behold, we ended up buying a coconut for
$2. It was very tasty: imagine coconut water with a sweeter
taste.We finally made a pit-stop at the lovely Walgreen for some
life-saving conditioner and headed back to the condo.
Post-lunch,
Mom and I threw on our swimsuits and eagerly headed to the beach. Can I just
mention how much I love this orange Juicy Couture bikini top I wore this day??
(got it at a 70's thrift shop in Encinitas, California) Remember how I was
telling you that the ocean has been nothing but calm during our stay? Well, the
ocean is a powerful, fickle being. This day, there were waves, upon waves, upon
waves! There was a warning for possible jellyfish and man-o-war, but I slipped
on my goggles for a feeling of security (if I spotted one, I could hightail it
outta there) and ran into the ocean. The waves were gorgeous! They were
powerful enough to give you a ride and not too powerful that they would knock
you over. I body-surfed the whole time, and wow, I forgot what a wonderful
feeling bubbles up inside when you’re riding the top of a wave to shore! I.
was. in. heaven. After swimming for a couple hours, I ran along the beach for a
little bit and snapped some photos of the waves. I couldn’t resist; they were
too gorgeous! My poor mom was too phobic about getting stung and only went into
the ocean in the last ten minutes or so of our beach outing. Ah, well, at least
she made it in!
After
the
glorious afternoon at the ocean, we drove back to Mummi and Pappa’s for
supper. I took a shower (using about half a bottle of conditioner-my
hair is
extremely demanding as of now) and tried to relax after. However, the
itching
sensation was back from the dead. I was so itchy on my chest again and
also
(woohoo) my back. It got to the point where we cut a bit of aloe vera
plant in
front of the condo, and I rubbed the slimy insides all over my chest.
I’m now
suspecting that maybe too much swimming in salt water and sunburn is
causing
this painful itching. If anyone knows what this might be from, please
tell me!
I was in agony right up until I fell asleep. I did manage to go on a
short walk with Mom and Mummi, and we came across this cute little help
yourself and give back sort of library. I chose out a book to bring
along on the road trip back to Arizona. Itching put aside, it was a
wonderful day that’ll go down in the books.














No comments:
Post a Comment