Thursday, May 26, 2016

Floridian Stay pt. 5



Day 5: Gym, Sweet Tomatoes, and the City Center

On Monday, the skies cast a gloomy cloud over Lake Worth, making mine and my mom’s morning swim last all of five minutes before a slew of raindrops fell on us. Luckily, Mummi swung by to pick us up and save us from being eternally drenched. Since Pappa had a doctor’s appointment, Mom and I spent a good hour at the gym. Endorphins, heck yess! We then walked over to Starbucks to wait for my grandparents to come by, and we satisfied ourselves with almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and a good dosage of coffee. I ended up spending my time updating the blog for you guys while Mom used her phone down to its last drops of battery. (“Lidia, how come my battery is draining if I’m using their wifi? …You mean it still uses it up??”) Finally, after a good three hours (or three days, if you ask me), Mummi and Pappa came by to rescue us from our roaring stomachs in their sparkling chariot, a.k.a. the hulking, mom-style Dodge Journey. The chariot sped off with us on board, rushing to satisfy our hunger, and parked at the intricate palace that welcomed us with open arms, providing we paid the fee necessary to indulge in their many delicacies.  This palace, which goes by the name of Sweet Tomatoes, offered every dish imaginable. My salad plate resembled Mt. Everest accompanied by smaller peaks of food surrounding it. After filling the gaping hole in my stomach (and probably looking like a starving maniac while doing so), my ravenous feasting ceased, the monster in my stomach fast asleep once again. Basically, mom and I got hungry at Starbucks and went to Sweet Tomatoes with Mummi and Pappa. (I think the other description was more interesting, don’t you? Or maybe I’ve just been around old people too long on this trip and I’m losing it. ;)) 




After Sweet Tomatoes, we hung out at the condo (we seem to be spending a lott of time here!) until Mummi, Mom, and I were all ready to head to the city center. The City Center is located in West Palm Beach and consists of a variety of restaurants and shops. We did a satisfactory amount of exploring, and I managed to find a $20 beachy sweater from Anthropologie. The sale section, I’m telling you, is a gem unto all fashionable people! It was after this that I checked my bank account and briefly panicked about how I’m going to survive through the summer. (I just had to quit my job in Scottsdale since we moved to Peoria, leaving me a tad bit helpless.) By night time when we were back at the condo, I finally managed to calm myself down after researching some interesting places to find work at near home. Breathe, Lidia, breathe! Hahaha , anyways, I fell asleep after listening to my mom rattle off the name and description of every shop located in Peoria and Glendale. Alright, alright, maybe I was overreacting just a bit about my situation, Mom! 







Lesson of the day: Breathe and believe you will be alright, and it will work out. Take it one day at a time! 
Side note: Working out lifts your mood on a gloomy day. So, go and get those endorphins rushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment