Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Little Things.

Hey all! So these past few days, I've been trying and failing to come up with anything interesting to blog about. Life has been going on as usual: work, school, working out, listening to my mom jabber on in my ear (goodness I love that woman), and waiting for the next wonderful, adventurous day out with my friends to come along. Anyhow, I figured that since I'm oblivious as to when the next day "worth blogging about" will be coming around, why not just post a blog about the little things? It seems that we've all got these high standards in our pretty little heads that there must be a specific event to make us have a happy high. And although I LOVE those wonderful, special days, there's also a lot in my daily life that makes me happy. Like coffee. Oh gosh, do I ever love coffee. Seriously, I find myself pleased every morning even if I get a typical k-cup of morning coffee. It just puts a little bounce in my step and gives me a distraction while listening to my economics professor go on... and on... and on

And, as much as I love my coffee during a lecture, I always hear my stomach making ungodly noises in the middle of it. This is why I always bring a lunch with me to school, which I make at home before I head off to learn. Usually I bring oatmeal or salad with me to school, each full of ingredients. I like to cook my oatmeal along with some frozen berries in the microwave for two minutes, and then I load it with apples, bananas, seeds, raisins, flax seeds, walnuts, and peanut butter. Basically, I take whatever sounds good and dump it in!

The same goes for a salad. I like to put whatever greens I have on hand in a container as a base, and then I pile on beets, broccoli, cucumbers, onions, cilantro, beans, and anything else I can find. I drizzle a little bit of dressing on top, and put some salsa in a separate container to go. As unexciting as eating can be, let me tell you: after a lecture, it gives me a happy high!

Just so you all know, food is not the only thing on a daily basis that makes me smile! I somehow come across little signs telling me to smile, like this picture drawn on the back of a dusty old truck (I like to believe it was meant for me ;) ).

And, if you can't find a little something to make you feel pumped about your day, crank up the radio and sing! Come on, I know I'm not the only freak singing at the top of their lungs in their car while each passerby stares.
 
So everyone, focus on the little things to get through the day! It's probably that same instinct we inherited as toddlers to scream in excitement over new stickers, but I promise, it makes for a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment